Salary Grade: GLONJC E
Salary Band: £19,171 - £21,589pa pro rata
Location: The Peak Academy
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Term Time Only
Closing Date: 26 February 2020
Interview Date: 06 March 2020
Please note: we will be interviewing for this role throughout the advertised period, so early application is encouraged, as we may end the advert early if we receive sufficient suitable applications before the closing date.
About the Opportunity
We wish to recruit an outstanding Teaching Assistant who would like to join our dedicated and inspirational team and contribute to ensuring our pupils flourish.
We work differently at The Peak Academy. We motivate and engage children to believe in themselves through matching the care and education to meet their needs. We believe that all young people regardless of their backgrounds can achieve beyond their expectations with support and guidance from professional, exciting and inspirational staff. We encourage, nurture and challenge young people to do their best in every aspect of their development. We have high expectations of our young people and ourselves.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the teaching staff in the school and staff from other schools that make up The White Horse Federation. The federation are passionate and committed to ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, with high levels of creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning across our schools. Our ultimate aim is to provide children with access to a broad range of experiences and challenges so that every child reaches their full potential.
Our ideal candidate will be
- An excellent Teaching Assistant who loves working with children in special educational needs and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community and across the federation;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Has experience of working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties;
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
We can offer you
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of children with a passion for learning.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please come and meet some of the staff and our children and see for yourself! Please contact 01453-542130 to make an appointment.
More information about the school can be found on our website.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
The Peak Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.