Hours – 20 per week, term time only
Salary – Hay 10 (£9,041 - £9,786 per annum)
‘Staff enjoy working together to enable all of our children to flourish. Our Lady of Lourdes is a thriving school. Current leaders have established a culture of high aspirations. All staff report that they are proud to work in the school. The majority of pupils are diligent and display exemplary attitudes to learning. Parents and carers report their growing confidence in the school.’
Ofsted February 2018
Our Lady of Lourdes is a Catholic primary school situated in Kingswood, South Gloucestershire and close to the City of Bristol border.
The Governing Body wish to appoint a highly motivated and talented Teaching Assistant to support our Headteacher and dedicated staff on its journey of continuous growth and development. The school has been judged to be ‘Good’ by our OFSTED inspection and embarks on further partnership work with other like-minded Diocesan schools.
We offer high quality support and challenge, as well as focused and collaborative training.
We are looking for someone special who:
• Is able, under the supervision of the class teacher and/or SENCO, to undertake a range of directed activities to support the educational and developmental needs of pupils, to assist teachers in the organisation and maintenance of classroom resources and to contribute to the supervision and welfare of pupils throughout the school.
We are proud to offer:
• A happy, caring community where pupils’ uniqueness is valued and potential is harnessed.
• Delightful, well behaved children who are eager to learn.
• A friendly, supportive and talented staff team committed to working together to drive the school forward.
• Dynamic opportunities for professional development and growth.
• A supportive Governing Body and parent community.
• A committed and supportive environment where you will be encouraged to develop your professional skills further.
This is a fixed term post until 31 August 2020 pending a budget and staffing review.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
References may be requested for all candidates prior to short-listing. Appointment is subject to successful clearing of references, DBS Checks etc.
Closing Date - Monday 24th February 2020
Our Lady Of Lourdes RC VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.