Pyrcroft Grange Primary School is part of the Bourne Education Trust.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, well-organised Teaching Assistant to join our successful school and work within our Year 1 learning environment. Our most recent Outstanding Ofsted took place in December 2016. We are an inclusive, community school and we value collaborative learning between professionals.
This is a temporary maternity cover post for 31.25 hours per week for 187 days of the year (term time plus 2 Inset days)
Salary: Surrey Pay Grade 3: £17,316 to £18,242 Full time equivalent
£12,287 to £12,944 Pro-rata
It will comprise of supporting children both in the Mainstream and with some children with additional needs.
The successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an experienced Teaching Assistant with a proven track record, who has recent experience of a sustained and successful placement in the classroom
• Be committed to team working and leading by example
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to follow the teacher’s plans, to aid the children in completing tasks and raise their attainment
• Be able to feedback to the teacher the children’s achievements and challenges
• Be able to complete informal assessments and observations during lesson time and group activities
• Be able to engage, motivate and support pupils, with flair, sensitivity and with consistently high expectations
• Be able to demonstrate positive behaviour management strategies
• Enthusiastic, engaging children
• A supportive school community with excellent facilities
• A commitment to ensure all staff and pupils succeed
• Excellent continuing professional development opportunities
• A dedicated, happy team who will warmly welcome you
• Two week October half term
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is a requirement for the successful applicant to undertake a school issued Enhanced DBS check and accept the responsibility for the providing and safeguarding the welfare of all children.
Closing date: Wednesday 26th February 2020
Interview date: Friday 6th March 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is a requirement for the successful applicant to undertake a school issued Enhanced DBS check and accept the responsibility for the providing and safeguarding the welfare of all children