Tenable from Spring 2020
Part-time: Mornings (and lunchtime supervision) 8.45am - 1.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am -1.30pm on Fridays to accommodate the weekly staff meeting
TA pay range: Grade 3 points 5-6, full time salary £21,591 - 21,981 pa (part time is pro-rata’d)
This is a marvellous opportunity for an inspiring TA to join our school on our exciting journey to become fully two-form entry.
We are looking for a TA who has experience of working in a school setting who will facilitate the children to grow and evolve in a way that truly reflects our amazing community. We are a dynamic and successful school with a positive ethos, professional staff development at the centre of our work and strong family values in which children make very good progress. The successful candidate will be able to provide excellent classroom practice and demonstrate effective playground responsibilities; and build effective relationships with individual and groups of children, some of whom may have special educational needs and disability (SEND).
Our recruitment process is about finding the right personality with the right experience, someone who will be as excited as we are about supporting and developing our children.
Our new Teaching Assistant will have:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification/experience
- Experience of primary school classes, preferably including the EYFS setting and working with SEND children
- A caring and positive attitude towards all pupils
- High expectations of children and themselves
- A commitment to going that extra mile to ensure pupils achieve their best.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to plan and deliver appropriate interventions.
- An understanding of and support the distinctiveness of church schools (you don’t have to be Christian).
• A welcoming, positive and caring environment.
• Supportive, dedicated and dynamic staff.
• Well-maintained buildings and extensive grounds.
• An ambitious, supportive and effective Governing Body.
• A productive and helpful school association and wider community who are fully invested in their children’s learning and last but not least…
• Delightful, curious, engaged, enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils who thrive and achieve through our broad curriculum and activities.
If working at our school appeals to you and you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be assessed on receipt and individual interviews may be arranged earlier.
Our application form and guidance can be downloaded from the school website.
No agency enquiries or CVs please.
Applications must be completed electronically and emailed to the address on the School’s application form as soon as possible and at the latest by 5pm Sunday 15th March.
Although the closing date is the Sunday 15th March, we reserve the right to review applications on receipt and close the advert early.
St. John’s CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to equality of opportunity. References for shortlisted candidates will be sought prior to interview and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS will be completed on the successful applicant.
Photographic identification and certificates of all relevant qualifications will need to be provided at the interview stage.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the expected provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) the school is responsible for holding and protecting personal data. The school is required to share some data with the Local Authority and the DFE. For further information on who we share data with please see our website for our Privacy Notices
St John’s CofE Primary School is an employer committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check and childcare disqualification Declaration. References will be also be sought. Photographic identification and certificates of all relevant qualifications will need to be provided at the interview stage. In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the expected provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) the school is responsible for holding and protecting personal data. The school is required to share some data with the Local Authority and the DFE. For further information on who we share data with please see our website for our Privacy Notice