Full time Teaching Assistant required as soon as possible – July 2021
We are a popular and welcoming four form entry junior school. No day is ever the same with our 480 pupils, 62% of whom are EAL and we celebrate our diversity.
We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to support a Year 4 student (one to one) with social, emotional and behaviour challenges. An understanding of how to support a child with ASD effectively is essential for this role. The hours of work will be 8.30- 3.30 p.m. daily. The successful candidate must have relevant qualifications and experience in a similar role. Salary will be Scale C (point depending on experience).
This position could begin as soon as possible, or after Easter.
We are looking for someone:
• With an understanding for vulnerable children with challenging behaviour and who is robust and resilient.
• Who has an emphatic approach yet be firm and fair.
• With experience of working with children who have social and emotional difficulties.
• Who has experience working with junior aged children (further qualifications an advantage i.e. NNEB or NVQ Level 3).
• Able to work as part of a team, building positive relationships with pupils, parents /carers, staff.
• Who has high expectations of pupil’s achievements regarding learning, independence and behaviour.
• Able to show initiative and be prepared to take responsibility for individual children or a small group.
In return we can offer:
• Motivated, enthusiastic and welcoming staff.
• Supportive parents & Governors.
• Well-resourced classrooms.
• Excellent training opportunities.
Closing date for applications: 16th March 2020 at 9.00 a.m.
Interviews will be held on: 18th March 2020 (times t.b.c)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date. If you have not received a response to your application by the interview date then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to carry out an enhanced DBS check.
At Burlington we provide a warm, stimulating, welcoming environment which gives a secure foundation for all children to become happy, confident, caring individuals who achieve personal success and develop a lifelong love of learning.