Teaching Assistant (1:1)
Hours: 19.5 hours per week (flexible)
Grade: Grade 3, SCP 6
Contract Type: Fixed Term (linked to a pupil with an EHCP)
We have an opportunity to join our school as a Teaching Assistant to support a pupil with additional needs, on a one-to-one basis from 19 April 2021. Please see further details of the below.
A founding member of the Palladian Academy Trust, Oldfield Park Junior School (OPJS) is a popular eight class community school that serves Oldfield Park and the surrounding suburbs of Bath. OPJS was formed in 1893, deemed as 'Good' in its recent OFSTED inspection and currently has 250 children on roll.
Our school and children need you if you are committed to providing the highest quality of education and support for the pupils in your care, and be able to work well as part of a team alongside the class teacher, parents and other outside agencies. Ideally you would have experience of working with children with additional needs.
Please Note: From 1st November 2016 the school became part of the Palladian Academy Trust and therefore successful applicants will be employed by the Trust.
We require a Teaching Assistant to work on a one to one basis, working closely with the Year 3 team, to support a child with a range of significant needs including:
- Expressive and receptive language needs;
- Delays with his core skills with literacy and numeracy;
- Attention and concentration difficulties;
- Social, emotional and mental health needs;
- Limited awareness of danger;
- A significant amount of visual and auditory sensory needs;
- Limited independence skills.
In return we can offer you:
- Delightful, enthusiastic and motivated learners.
- Excitement, challenge and an opportunity to shine.
- A leadership team who are committed to school improvement and who view your professional development as a priority.
- A friendly, supportive and committed staff determined to raise standards further.
- An inclusive community.
- A well-resourced school environment based in an iconic and historic building. For any queries please contact Miss Julie Butler, Deputy Headteacher on 01225-423477.
Closing date: 12th March 2021
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment anyone working in a post with children or vulnerable groups will be expected to undertake an Enhanced DBS check with/without barred list checks.
As this post involves working within one of these groups, we will require a Disclosure & Barring Service check and/or subscription to the DBS online service. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo rigorous safer recruitment screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.