TEACHING ASSISTANT 1:1 (Foundation)
Salary: £14,245-£14,820 Actual Salary (£18,887-£19,650 FTE)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week (39 weeks per year)
Term: Fixed term for one academic year
Closing date: 0900 am 06 June 2022
Interview: To be Confirmed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at St Joseph's Catholic Voluntary Academy, Leicester in the role of Teaching Assistant 1:1 for a Foundation pupil. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible, and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. You will be flexible, reliable and positive and be a good communicator working with parents, teachers and professionals for the good of the child. You must be enthusiastic and creative, be able to inspire pupils to achieve and be an outstanding team player that is willing to undertake necessary training and be able to show initiative, but also be able to seek or listen to advice.
- Assists in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of teachers or advisory staff.
- Assists in the implementation of pupil’s Individual Education Programmes & monitors progress.
- Provides support for individual pupils inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
- Works with other professionals, such as speech therapists and occupational therapists, etc.
- Assists with administrative tasks, e.g. maintaining pupil records, creating displays of work, etc.
- Supports pupils with emotional or behavioural problems and helps develop their social skills.
- Works with parent/carers to support pupils’ learning and behavioural needs.
- Attends team and staff meetings.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Pension Scheme, Nationally agreed Terms and Conditions, Medicash and Electric Car Scheme
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at Level 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Previous childcare experience
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to positively relate to children and adults
- The ability to use the relevant technology/equipment
- A can-do attitude
- A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem, and progress of everyone at the school
To apply for the position, please complete the online application form available on our website Closing Date for applications is 0900am 06 June 2022. Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed. Visits to the school are welcome and you can arrange to visit by telephoning the school office
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check
St. Joseph's Catholic Academy School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.