Oasis Academy New Oak are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who will be able to support a pupil on a one to one basis and help make a positive contribution to the continuing development of our Academy.
- Under the guidance of the SENDCo and Class Teacher, to provide direct support for the learning of an individual child..
• Activities, interventions, empathetic and sympathetic listening, direct guidance and the provision of appropriate positive feedback to behaviour and learning.
• Facilitating pupils general physical, emotional and educational development
• Supervising and encouraging safe behaviour of the individual pupil
• Reinforcement of structured learning habits
• Providing 1 to 1 support for an individual pupil
• Providing in-class support for the identified pupil
Our vision “Inspire to Aspire” guides our daily Academy life. All lessons should be stimulating and inspiring using up to date resources and IT. Every child is encouraged to aim for excellence and taught how to be focussed, determined and to preserve. Every child can excel and at New Oak our vision means we celebrate strengths. No child should ever be told they can't achieve their dream. From doctor to lawyer, footballer to singer, chef to games designer - everyone can aspire for the best.
Oasis Academy New Oak has a commitment to inclusive education and strives to maintain a high-quality teaching and learning environment for all our learners.
WORKING PATTERN: Term Time, Monday to Friday, 12.45 pm - 3.30 pm (13hrs, 45mins per week)
CONTRACT: Fixed Term until 31 August 2022 (Funding dependent)
START DATE: as soon as possible
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 4th November 2021
INTERVIEWS: w/c 8th November 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529.
Oasis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.