Salary Grade: NJC WHF K
Salary Band: £12,797 - £13,573 per annum
Location: Whitelands Academy
Contract Type: Term Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 7 June 2020
Interview Date: Monday 15 June 2020
Hours: 30 hours per week
Start: September 2020
About the Opportunity
- Are you looking to join an all new, fresh and dynamic group of education professionals to open and lead a new Secondary School?
- Are you interested in utilising your teaching support skills to ensure students experience a fantastic learning environment?
Now is an exciting time to join Whitelands Academy. We are a brand new Secondary School within the heart of Bicester set to open September 2020! We have already had inspiring teachers and leaders join our team and now we need a supportive Teaching Assistant to work collaboratively with our faculty in providing the best classroom learning experience for our students.
If you are a nurturing, proactive and self-motivated individual, ideally with previous working experience within a school environment, this could be the job for you!
Our ideal candidate will be or have
- Minimum of GCSE Grade C in Maths and English
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people including students and colleagues
- Committed to the safeguarding of students and young people
- Ability to encourage and enable others to develop their full potential
- Be able to uphold the Whitehorse Federation values
We can offer you
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the students in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of students with a passion for learning.
For full details on this fantastic opportunity, please review the attached job description. For more information about our exciting new Academy please do visit our website.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values but also with an awful lot of fun and happiness in our schools. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the pupils and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
Whitelands Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.