The Head Teacher and Governing Body of Greenside Primary School are seeking to appoint a temporary Teaching Assistant required from September 2020 to initially work throughout the school with children with SEND and spend some days supporting a teacher in class.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and patient person who is able to relate well to children and adults to join our team. Good numeracy, literacy and basic ICT skills are required. Experience with SEND children is desirable or to be willing to attend training to develop your skills with SEND children.
We offer a caring and inclusive environment where children are happy, self motivated and want to learn.
Greenside Primary School has a supportive and committed staff and we provide staff with opportunities for high quality professional development.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Preferably have previous experience of working in a school and is interested in working with children with SEND
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children
- Be committed to the education of children
- Be committed to inclusive practices
- To work as an effective team member
- Have the ability to relate to and empathise with pupils and to develop trusting and respectful relationships
Greenside Primary School will offer you:
- An enthusiastic, supportive and committed team of staff and governors.
- A warm welcoming school community with caring ethos.
- A high level of support with opportunities for professional and personal development
- Very supportive parents/carers
Greenside Primary School is an inclusive school with values that ensure everyone matters and is appreciated.
Closing date : Thursday 9th July 2020 12 noon
Shortlisting: Thursday 9th July 2020
Interviews : Tuesday 14th July 2020. Please ensure that you are available on this date for a virtual interview.
"Greenside Primary is committed to committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and medical clearance from Leeds City Council’s Occupational Health Service.
Due to the current circumstances we are unable to invite you in to visit our school. Instead, we suggest to look on our website to find out more about our school (see how to apply for details)
Greenside Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.