Maternity Leave; temporary open-ended contract
5 mornings per week (17.5 hours) (+ capacity to work a minimum of two afternoons per
week and, ideally, some hours as HLTA)
Pay Grade: SCP 5 – 6 (£18,795 - £19,171 FTE)
This post will commence: week commencing 1
st September 2020.
We are seeking a talented part-time Teaching Assistant from 1
st September 2020, who must have the following (See full job description and person specification):
- the ability to work as an HLTA leading the class when necessary and carry
responsibility for teaching groups
- experience of working with children in KS1&EYFS
- a highly enthusiastic and organised approach to the role of Teaching Assistant and a
commitment to working as part of a team for the benefit of all
- dedication to continuous professional development and training
- excellent communication skills with a sense of humour
- a proven ability to enthuse and motivate children in their learning
- a commitment to Freshford Church School’s ethos and educational philosophy
- a high level of literacy and numeracy
- 100% reliable, flexible and capable
- Significant experience of working with children in an educational setting
- HLTA or QTS status
- Knowledge/experience of maths mastery or Maths No Problem & SoundsWrite phonics
approach (or committed to be trained in these)
- A particular area of skill, expertise and enthusiasm that might add to our offer for our
children in EYFS/Y1.
- Capacity to make a long term commitment to our school community
A warm welcome and a compassionate and highly talented learning community, dedicated to
finding the best way of insisting with each child that they recognise the excellence within (them); a community that will encourage and enable you to learn more about who you are now and who you may become through excellent professional development: the previous post holder has just accepted a post as a class teacher.
Candidates are invited to contact the school and arrange to visit and meet with the
Headteacher. If you would like to arrange this, please book an appointment via phone 01225-723331.
Benefits of working for the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust include; a generous pension
scheme, enhanced sickness and parental benefits and a supportive working environment.
Application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application and submitted online or sent to the
school office by post for the attention of the School Business Manager.
Closing date and time: 5.00 pm Friday 10th July 2020
Interview dates: Week of 13th July
The Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant preemployment checks.
Freshford Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.