We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, flexible, skilled and motivated Teaching Assistant. The successful candidate will be hard working, show initiative, have a good sense of humour, work well as part of a team, have excellent literacy and numeracy skills and be willing to undertake any necessary training.
- Preferably have some previous experience of working with children (although this is not a necessity)
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills – GCSE grade C or above desirable.
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and understanding, with a positive outlook.
- Be able to deliver support programmes in small group or 1:1 situations.
- Be able to deliver supportive strategies for pupils with specific difficulties mainly linked to learning and other related needs.
- Be able to work in a team sharing good practices and developing resources and materials.
The position is for a Teaching Assistant to support pupils in small groups, 1:1 and will also include some general class support.
We can offer you:
- Friendly and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
- Approachable and friendly staff.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
The Hermitage School has a commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be made subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure Procedure.
Applications should be made using the Hermitage School Application Form (please note that CVs will not be accepted)
Working hours - Monday to Friday 8:30am to 3:30pm (32.5 hours per week) Term time only.
This is role is being offered on a temporary contract basis.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be addressed and responded to as they come to us.
Interviews: Interviews to be arranged and held as applications come in.