Teaching Assistant, Learning Zone One
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 16 hours per week, term time only (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 8.30am – 12.30pm)
Salary: Hay 10 (£7,385 - £7,838 per annum)
Little Stoke Primary School is looking to appoint an excellent Teaching Assistant to work part-time alongside an experienced HLTA in the school Learning Zone.
The Learning Zone provides small-group, targeted support for pupils with a range of social, emotional and learning needs. This resource is led by an experienced HLTA and line managed by the SENDCo.
The successful applicant will:
• Be an excellent practitioner;
• Have a good level of understanding of the emotional needs of children with autism, ADHD and attachment issues;
• Have experience of working across Key Stage 1, meeting the requirements of children with a wide range of needs and abilities;
• Be highly motivated and keen to ensure the highest possible standard of pupil achievement, personal development and well- being are achieved;
• Be creative, flexible and able to adjust learning as needed;
• Have the vision and energy for achieving excellence and an absolute belief in the potential of all children;
• Have the ability to inspire children to learn and to love learning;
• Have the ability to use good relationships to support excellent behaviour;
• Hold a warmth and understanding for all our pupils and a desire to support them pastorally.
The post will be on a permanent contract for the right candidate. To start as soon as possible.
We can offer candidates the following;
• A supportive and friendly team of colleagues who create a positive working environment
• A stable teaching and learning ethos with established learning values.
• A well-structured, curriculum that has a proven track record of raising standards.
• Friendly children and a supportive local community
• A talented staff team who will share practice and support colleagues
• Strong Governance and school leadership
We welcome applicants to come for a socially distanced visit to the school prior to applying. Please contact the school to arrange a visit from 1st September.
Closing Date 7th September at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held early in the autumn term.
Little Stoke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check
Little Stoke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.