Danescourt Primary School,
Cardiff. CF5 2SN
Teaching Assistant – Key Stage 2
(£18,065 to £19,171 on pro rata basis)
From 12th October 2020 or as soon after as possible
32.5 hours per week for 39 weeks a year
Temporary in the first instance to 31.8.21
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our happy and forward thinking Lower Key Stage 2 Team.
The successful candidate will be;
• An enthusiastic, caring and intuitive person who has high expectations of themselves and others and is prepared to work hard to ensure that every child is nurtured
• Committed to work as part of a close team, sharing expertise and learning from others
• Adaptable and resourceful with a willingness to undertake further professional development
• Willing to work in a flexible manner with both groups of children and individuals to ensure that all our learners thrive
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms to be emailed for the attention of Mrs. Judith Davies, Headteacher by 9am on Monday 21st September. Interviews will be on Friday 25th September. Via TEAMS.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact The Headteacher for a discussion.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.