I came so that you may have life, life in all its fullness” John 10:10
St Michael’s Catholic Primary School is a Catholic family of faith following the teachings of Christ. We strive to create an environment where all members of our school community respect the values of: Church, Independence, Resilience, Caring, Learning and Enjoyment for all. Belief in these values will nurture all as individuals and instil in them the confidence to meet their full potential, providing them with the best grounding for their future place in an ever-changing world.
We offer a wonderful working environment.
About the role: We have a fantastic opportunity to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join and support our children across KS1/KS2
What does the role involve? The main aim of this role is to support our teachers to deliver academic excellence, day in, day out, with professionalism and enthusiasm. This will involve providing a comprehensive support service to St Michael’s RC Primary School including:
• Assisting students with their educational and social development, on an individual and group basis
• Providing support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
• Assisting teachers with the maintenance of student records
• Building and maintaining successful relationships with students, whilst treating them with respect and consideration
• Provide expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil's learning
• Work together with families and other agencies to ensure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported
• Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress
Each and every member of staff, regardless of their position or seniority, is expected to participate in the overall running of the school and to act as a positive role model for our students. In and out of the classroom, you will encourage, promote positive behaviour, and effectively manage any situation that threatens to impact on the progress of other students.
We are looking for someone demonstrates the following:
• Have high expectations of teaching and learning
• To be a positive role model
• To contribute to the positive ethos of the school
• Be able to work collaboratively with a range of children and adults
• Be keen to develop as a professional
• A minimum of NVQ Level 2 in Childcare
• Previous, recent experience in a similar education setting
• Being independent and able to work under pressure
At St Michael’s RC Primary School, we will:
• Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
• Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
• Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
• Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
• Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good
Visits to St Michael’s RC Primary School are strongly encouraged and we will be delighted to show you around our school and discuss the post further.
St Michael's RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
Appointment to this position will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Record Bureau Disclosure Check.