Christ’s College are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our friendly TA team in our supportive school.
The successful individual will work with the College's SENCo and Inclusion Manager to ensure students have the right approach to learning and behaviour expectations are achieved. A Teaching Assistant is key in helping every student make progress and reach their full potential.
The role's hours are 8.15am-3.15pm (32 hours and 5 minutes a week), 39 weeks a year. This post is offered at S4 £17,669-£20,271 per annum pro-rated.
At Christ's College there is a strong emphasis on sustaining and raising achievement and the Teaching Assistant team is a key part of this. There is a genuine commitment to professional development.
Our values are:
These values make Christ’s College a positive and inclusive community in which all students feel safe, valued and part of the family. Our college aims to serve our community by providing a fully inclusive education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. At Christ’s College we believe a great values driven education has the power to transform futures. If you are looking for an exciting place to work with dedicated staff, positive learners and supportive parents then join us.
Advantages of working at Christ’s College:
· There is a real sense of belonging, camaraderie and mutual respect amongst the whole community
· The parents and governors are very supportive of the College and appreciative of the work we are doing
· The children want to do their best and will work hard as they respect their teachers’ knowledge and commitment
· The staff are dedicated, skilful and hard-working
· There are good opportunities for internal promotion in a growing school which has a tradition of acknowledging and rewarding hard work
· There are excellent opportunities for external promotion
· As a relatively small school which offers a full suite of extra-curricular activities, it is easy to be involved in a wide range of enrichment activities in Sport, Performing Arts and elsewhere.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Christ's College is a school within The Good Shepherd Trust. The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this position.
Candidates will be assessed as their application is received, therefore early application is recommended and we may interview before the closing date if sufficient strong applicants apply.
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant pre-employment checks, including a Section 128 Check.