Pyrcroft Grange Primary School is part of the Bourne Education Trust.
The Bourne Education Trust (‘BET’) - a regional multi-academy trust made up of sixteen schools, across both primary and secondary phases.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, well-organised Teaching Assistant to join our successful school and work within Year 6 learning environments.
At the heart of our school community we have a COIN (Communication and Interaction Needs) which educates 20 children. Most of the pupils attend the COIN in the morning and return to class in the afternoon, with appropriate support.
The role comprises of supporting children both in the Mainstream and with some children with additional needs.
Our most recent Outstanding Ofsted took place in December 2016.
We are an inclusive, community school and we value collaborative learning between professionals.
Salary: Surrey Pay Grade 3: £17,663 to £18,607
Full time equivalent £12,514 to £13,413 Pro-rata
The successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced Teaching Assistant or unexperienced Teaching Assistant willing to learn and grow
- A GCSE grade C or above in both English language and Maths
- Be committed to team working and leading by example
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to follow the teacher’s plans, to aid the children in completing tasks and raise their attainment
- Be able to feedback to the teacher the children’s achievements and challenges
- Be able to complete informal assessments and observations during lesson time and group activities
- Be able to engage, motivate and support pupils, with flair, sensitivity and with consistently high expectations
- Be able to demonstrate positive behaviour management strategies
- Enthusiastic, engaging children
- A supportive school community with excellent facilities
- A commitment to ensure all staff and pupils succeed and feel their well-being is supported
- Excellent continuing professional development opportunities
- A dedicated, happy team who will warmly welcome you
- Two week October half term
Closing date: Friday 9th October 2020
Interview date: Thursday 15th October 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is a requirement for the successful applicant to undertake a school issued Enhanced DBS check and accept the responsibility for the providing and safeguarding the welfare of all children