The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a committed teaching assistant with vision, energy and ambition for our wonderful and welcoming school. We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic and calm member of staff.
The role will involve working under the direction of the class teacher to support individual children and small groups. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate personal qualities of dedication, patience, flexibility and humour. Working collaboratively as part of a multi-professional team you will be able to respond quickly to the changing needs of the school and the individual children. As well as looking for someone highly educated, this person will be able to demonstrate high levels of English and Maths, these will be assessed via a formal test at the interview process. The right candidate will be expected to transport children to and from venues and undertake Safeguarding and First Aid training.
• GCSE C plus or equivalent Maths and English
• a practicing Catholic or supportive to the Catholic ethos of the school
• ability to relate to and work with children
• a high level of competency in computing
• an understanding of how children learn
• a willingness to contribute to the wider school life
• a driving licence and willingness to transport children
• a willingness to undertake training: first aid, driver, safeguarding, curriculum development, SEN, IT
Applications MUST be on CES Application Forms and forwarded to the school via email.
St Philip’s Catholic Primary and Nursery School is committed to safer recruitment and appointments are made subject to satisfactory references, pre-employment health checks and a successful DBS disclosure. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is an expectation of all staff.
Interviews to be held w/b 02. November 2020.
These appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children, and expects our staff to share this commitment.