Filton Hill Primary School has an exciting opportunity for two enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistants to join their team!
The first role is a Teaching Assistant for KS1. This role is offered as 15 hours per week, on a permanent contract working Term Time Only plus 5 Inset Days. The working hours are to be worked Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 11.45am.
The second role is an SEN Teaching Assistant for KS2. This role is offered as 15 hours per week on a temporary contract linked to funding, working Term Time Only plus 5 Inset Days. The working hours are to be worked Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 11.45am. Please note, for this role it is desirable that the candidate is experienced in EAL, working with children who speak little to no English.
Please specify on your application which post you will be applying for. If you do not specify, we will assume you are applying for both positions.
The salary for both roles will be paid at Grade 10 (£20,092 FTE per annum). The actual salary working 15 hours per week Term Time Only plus 5 Inset Days will be £6,974 per annum.
Overall, the right candidates will be:
• A Team Player
• Someone who is prepared to liaise closely with parents, teachers and outside agencies;
• Someone with an enthusiasm for education and learning;
• Someone who has a desire to help all children to succeed;
• Someone with experience of working with children with special educational needs;
• Someone who has the ability to adapt learning to meet individual needs.
In both roles you may work with individuals who have physical disabilities, sensory impairments (i.e. hearing or visual), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties. A key aspect of working in this field is identifying individual needs and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
You will need:
• Level 2 “Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools” or equivalent
• Maths & English at Pass Level or GCSE “C” or above or equivalent
• To be able to liaise with a variety of staff including, class teacher, SENCO & HLTA
The deadline for the receipt of application forms is 9am on Monday 26th October 2020.
Filton Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.