Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 10 ½ hours per week, term time only (Wednesday to Friday, 9am – 12.30pm)
Salary: Hay 9 (£5,609 - £6,192 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled, caring and enthusiastic individual to provide 1:1 support for a pupil who is currently in the Year 2. He is new to our school and has an ASD diagnosis with a high-functioning profile.
We are looking for a kind and nurturing person who:
• has a proven ability to support pupils with additional needs, including those with ASD
• has experience of working with children with EHC plans or statements and implementing the outcomes or objectives
• is committed to the well-being of all children
• has some experience of delivering OT sessions on a group or 1:1 basis
• is committed to developing pupils’ independence
• can help to develop social skills and establish positive relationships with children and adults
• champions vulnerable children
• is committed to supporting the strong Christian ethos of the school
• has some experience of delivering speech and language interventions
• Loves their job and puts children’s needs at the heart of every decision they make.
The successful candidate will
• be resilient
• Be willing to find alternative strategies to break through barriers
• Show good personal emotional literacy and self-regulation
• Demonstrate an ability to personalise learning when necessary in order to meet the child's needs
• Work effectively as part of a staff team
• Communicate well with parents
• Have a calm and patient attitude
• Be able to works towards individual targets
• Love working with children of all abilities and needs
We can offer a warm and nurturing working environment as well as a leadership team dedicated to offering professional development opportunities. We have an outstanding SENCO as well as an exceptional TA team who would be willing to support any successful applicant.
Closing date: Monday 26th October 2020.
Interviews: Thursday 29th October 2020.
Applicants must be in sympathy with the school’s strong caring ethos. Please contact the school for more details. At this time school visits cannot be considered, however if you are interested in the role, please call the school to discuss further.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Frampton Cotterell CE VC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.