Salary: Hay 10 (£14,448 - £15,100 per annum)
Hours: 30 hours per week, term time only.
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2021 subject to funding and staffing review.
Parkwall Primary is one half of the Park and Parkwall Primary Schools Federation operating out of Cadbury Heath and Kingswood areas of South Gloucestershire. Both schools offer pupil focussed learning in a safe and welcoming environment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and skilled teaching assistant to provide social and emotional support for pupils at Parkwall. Key features of the role are as follows:
• To support SLCN and SEMH needs for individuals within class 1:1 and running group sessions.
• To engage and use a number of intervention programmes linked to these areas of need
• To work closely with the school’s Speech and Language Advisor
• To liaise closely with the school’s SENCO and the Inclusion Team
• To be involved in setting targets and assessing impact of provision
• Modification of learning opportunities to reflect the child’s understanding of language and attention skills.
• Careful monitoring of intervention sessions.
• Close and regular liaison with outside agencies
• To use a variety of approaches and strategies to help individual children to achieve and meet their individual targets
• To provide regular feedback to the class teacher regarding achievement, progress and other relevant issues.
• To establish constructive relationships with parents and carers
The person appointed will need to be educated to at least NVQ3.
We are looking for somebody who:
• Is a committed team member
• Can plan and deliver a range of interventions to individuals and groups
• Can use their own initiative and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
• Will monitor and review all aspects of their work
To apply please download form from Eteach and return to the school.
Closing date: 22 October 2020
Interviews will be held week beginning: 2 November 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Parkwall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.