We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Teaching Assistant to play a key role in supporting the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of pupil development. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dedicated and nurturing team in supporting learning, progress and attainment within the classroom.
About Springfield Primary School
Springfield Primary School provides an exceptional learning environment where children academically flourish and emotionally thrive. Our innovative, thematic curriculum enables all children to learn well, developing a life-long love of learning.
The well-being of children is at the core of all school decisions, nurturing pupils as they develop: kindness, resilience, confidence and a sense of responsibility for themselves and others.
Our beautiful grounds and excellent facilities afford children a wealth of new learning experiences, including an array of extra-curricular activities to develop more broadly their skills and wider interests.
Springfield Primary School is an academy within the multi-academy trust, GLF. We work closely with other primary and secondary schools sharing outstanding practice, expertise and resources.
What we are looking for
• Excellent in their communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to motivate and encourage the children
• Able to provide appropriate levels of attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks
• Positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children
• Self-aware, reflective and keen to improve their practice with high aspirations both for themselves, their children and the school
• Experience working with Year 6 desirable
Why work at Springfield Primary School
• An opportunity to work in a welcoming, friendly environment
• An opportunity to work with a highly motivated, engaged and supportive leadership team
• Exceptional CPD opportunities
• Work life and family friendly policies
Salary: Associate 2 range £17,900 - £21,000 (FTE)
£15,399 - £18,066 (pro rata)
Hours of work: Full time or Part time
Closing date for applications:
6th November 2020
Interview date: TBC
We positively encourage informal visits to both the school, and look forward to showing you around. Please contact the school to arrange a visit. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, visits may be conducted virtually.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.