Start date: 7th December 2020 (or earlier if possible)
Hours: 32 ½ hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 3.30pm)
Salary: Hay 10 (£15,414 - £16,358 per annum)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2021 pending a staffing and budget review
We are looking to appoint a new Teaching Assistant to join our school team. This post will initially be in KS1 and will entail a combination of classroom support, group and 1-2-1 support to enable pupils to learn effectively. The role will also involve delivering tailored programmes of intervention with small groups and support during lunchtimes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate team member who is interested in supporting pupils to learn effectively and have a positive impact upon pupil outcomes.
Previous experience of supporting pupils in school is desirable.
The successful candidate will require a good standard of education, normally evidenced by 3 or more GCSEs (including Mathematics and English) at Grade C or above or other equivalents.
The successful candidate should possess NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants/ other relevant qualification or some relevant experience of working with children in an educational context.
Appropriate training and access to relevant CPD will be provided for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a positive vision of children’s education and how children learn effectively
• Have experience of working with children in an educational setting
• Be passionate and determined that for every child can reach their potential
• Possess the skills to work collaboratively with other members of the team in order to provide effective support for pupils
• Hold and model high expectations for pupil behaviour and learning
• Display a positive attitude towards their work and be friendly and approachable to all members of our school community
In return, we can offer:
• A welcoming environment in which the needs of pupils are at the centre of all that we do
• A dedicated team with a wide range of experience
• Access to continued professional learning
• The opportunity to join a school at the start of an exciting journey of improvement
Closing date: Wednesday 4th November 2020.
Interview date: Friday 13th November 2020.
Completed forms can be sent by email to the school office.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Christ Church Hanham CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.