Ashbury with Compton Beauchamp CofE (A) is a small village school, with around 80 pupils, that values the development of the whole child. This is encompassed in our motto ‘United in a love for learning we will grow and succeed together'. We are very proud of all that goes on here. We are a caring school, with a Christian ethos, where every child is actively encouraged to develop emotionally, intellectually, morally, spiritually and physically following the Christian values.
The children here are supported in their learning by dedicated staff, governors and parents. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join this team.
We are seeking a candidate to work 25 hours per week (term time only) who is:
- Able to work closely with the class teacher and carry out his/her directions
- Able to assist and support individuals or groups of children including children with special needs across the whole curriculum
- Able to keep records of achievements when appropriate to do so and evaluate each task and give feedback to the teacher
- Inspirational and challenging to children with an interest in SEN
- Committed to the well-being of all the children in our school
- Enthusiastic, confident, organised and highly motivated
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
- Able to exhibit good team-working skills
In addition, some or all of the following tasks may be carried by the post-holder: supervising breaks to ensure safe and constructive playtimes, taking part in visits outside school to support pupil learning, acting as a first-aider following appropriate training.
What we can offer you:
- A strong ethos based on Christian values and principles
- Caring, enthusiastic and well behaved children
- Strong, creative and supportive teaching team
- Good continuing professional development opportunities
- A talented and committed staff and a supportive governing body
- Established rigour and accountability with regard to the tracking and monitoring of teaching and learning outcomes
Interview date: Wednesday 4th November
Due to this post having access to children and their details, candidates will be required to undertake a DBS Check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining a post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Ashbury with Compton Beauchamp Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.