Teaching Assistant (Primary) required as soon as possible at The Limes College (Alternative Provision for Sutton Schools)
Salary: Scale NJC 4 (£22,995 - £24,258 FTE), Actual £17,749 - £18,724
32.5 hours per week, term time plus five INSET days
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a creative and engaging worker to join the Primary Provision within The Limes College. This role is varied and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual to cope in a busy environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
You will be supporting vulnerable young people in Key Stages 1 and 2 who have been excluded or at risk of exclusion from mainstream education.
Support may be with a class, a small group of students or on a one-to-one basis and it is expected that this appointment will supervise whole classes during the short term absence of a teacher.
The ideal candidate will have:
- GCSE Maths and English at grades A – C or equivalent;
- Experience and/or qualifications of working with pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties;
- The ability to motivate and support vulnerable young people;
- Good communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, students, parents/carers and other professionals;
- Can do attitude.
The school can offer you:
- Local Government Pension Scheme;
- An organisation with a clear moral purpose to change young people’s lives;
- A programme of professional development for staff at all levels;
- Small class sizes;
- Strong community spirit;
- Staff who are supportive towards each other;
- Free access to our employee assistance scheme;
- Flexible, term-time hours.
Visits are welcome by arrangement.
Closing date: Wednesday, 4 November 2020
Interviews: Wednesday, 11 November 2020
Alternative Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.