Applications Close: Noon, Wednesday 4 November 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract: Fixed Term contract until 31 August 2021
Hours per week: 28.75 hours, term time only (38 weeks per year plus 3 days INSET training)
Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:30am – 12:00, 1pm – 3:15pm
Pro Rata Salary: Surrey Pay Scale PS3 £12,011 - £12,653 (depending on experience)
The governors of our successful primary school wish to appoint a high calibre Teaching Assistant.
The successful candidate will:
- ideally have experience of working with children in a primary school setting
- have a strong desire to develop, support and motivate children, adapting to their style of learning
- be self-motivated and able to use initiative
- be a confident communicator who is able to work as part of a friendly & supportive team
- have a resilient and flexible approach as the day may not always go as planned!
- have capacity to work across both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- support both indoor and outdoor learning
- be supportive of the school’s Christian ethos
This role will suit a graduate (or equivalent) who may be looking for school experience before pursuing teacher training. As part of our recruitment process, candidates will be asked to sit a skills test in maths and english.
St Peter’s is a fully inclusive school where we attempt to identify barriers to a child’s progress so that they can make at least good progress during their time in school. As a church school, Christian teachings are at the core of all that we do.
The position is initially offered on a fixed term contract until 31 August 2021. The role will be reviewed during the summer term 2021.
St Peter’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and to reference checks.