Teaching (Healthcare) Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Chipstead Valley Primary School within our Enhanced Learning Provision unit for children with Physical and Special Medical Needs. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. The role will primarily be to support children with specific physical disabilities and complex medical needs both in and out of the classroom. The role will include all aspects of classroom support as well as intimate care.
All medical training will be provided.
Chipstead Valley Primary School is an 'outstanding' (OFSTED 2013) primary school set on the Surrey/Croydon boundaries. We are a three-form entry primary school, currently with 704 children on roll in addition to 14 children within our Enhanced Learning Provision (ELP). We are proud of our many achievements; standards are high and all pupils are encouraged to strive for their best, through carefully planned learning opportunities, provided by an excellent team of staff. We also ensure that children have a rich and broad curriculum with sport, music, art and drama featuring predominately.
* Supporting individual Children with a range of special education needs (SEN) under the instruction and guidance of teaching/senior staff to enable our ELP unit to access all areas of education
* To assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
, including intimate care
* To support assessment and evidencing learning
* Working with the teacher to create a stimulating classroom environment, displays and learning resources
* To maintain a safe and positive environment for all learners
*To create opportunities for all learners to reach their potential and be the best that they can be
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Flexible Term Time hours
* The opportunity of working with in a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
*Good opportunities for personal and career development
* Good pension scheme
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
* Previous experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs, preferably with experience of supporting Physical Disabilities and helping to develop their learning alongside multi agency professionals, class teacher and SENDco
* Understand how to support the complex medical needs of children within our ELP unit
* Have high expectations and be committed to inclusion for all children and their families
* A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
* A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
* The ability to use relevant technology/equipment to access learning. Chipstead Valley Primary School require a Teaching Assistant to support children with physical/Special needs within our Enhanced Learning Provision (ELP) unit. Training will be given.
Chipstead Valley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Closing date for applications: Monday 30th November 2020
Interviews will commence week beginning Monday 30th November 2020
Chipstead Valley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS check.