Exceptional Experienced Teaching Assistant
B3 grade: 27.5 hours per week 8.45am - 3.15pm (1 hr lunch)
Term time only.
We are a large, successful, forward thinking community school with a great staff team and fantastic children and community. We need an experienced teaching assistant who is enthusiastic and has the ability and confidence to work flexibly across school in 121, whole class, small group capacity and can lead and deliver proven interventions - Reception to Year 6.
The successful candidate will :
• Really enjoy working with children
• Be a confident role model with excellent speaking and listening skills
• Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills
• Have expertise is supporting children in phonics and learning to read
• Be knowledgeable and confident supporting children with numeracy
• Have experience and expertise working with SEN children
• Have strong behaviour management skills and experience
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults
• Be enthusiastic, resilient and hard working
• Work effectively as part of a team
• Be a confident and competent IT user
• Have a growth mindset and positive outlook in their work and manner
The closing date is Thursday 3rd December @ 12 noon and interviews are expected to take place the wk. beginning Monday 7th December.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found in the how to apply section. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Southroyd Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.