Barclay Academy is seeking an ambitious Teaching Assistant to join their supportive SEND team and work with a child who requires additional support.
Your main duties will include:
• Contributing to outstanding attainment and progress at all key stages;
• Playing a central role in the Inclusion Department, including contributing to after-school
activities, trips, open days and so on;
• Having an excellent working understanding of the learning needs of the students with
whom you work. This may include liaising with colleagues within the Inclusion Department, and accessing attainment data and information from EHCPs/Educational Psychologist reports;
• Making a vital contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including undertaking administrative and other tasks as delegated by the SENDCo;
• Enhancing the quality of Teaching Assistant provision in the Department and wider
Academy through sharing resources and good practice and active participation in Continuous Professional Development;
WHO YOU ARE
You will be passionate and determined, with aspirations of developing your career within the education sector, whether in a child-centric role or otherwise.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
• A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from a leading university
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
WHO WE ARE
Barclay Academy is a state-funded secondary school based in Stevenage. We are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students. It is a dynamic school, where students and staff are exceptionally well supported.
We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and six secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
• Access to our Outstanding Future Training SCITT programme. Future Training is one of the country’s top providers of Teacher training as per the Good Teacher Training Guide 2017 and is rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of Teaching Assistant at Barclay Academy, please feel free to download the Job Description and complete the attached application form. Please complete the application form no later than 9am on Friday 11th December 2020.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Barclay School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.