Start Date: January 2021
Contract: Permanent and part time – 25 hours per week
09.30 – 3.00 with half an hour for lunch
St. Peter’s is a small Medical Short Stay School (PRU) based in Englefield Green, with provision for 12 FTE pupils who are unable to access school due to medical needs, either physical or emotional.
At our last OFSTED Inspection, we were graded as ‘Outstanding’.
Our students have a medical need, which is preventing them from accessing a full time timetable in mainstream school. They are generally quiet, with low self-esteem and are vulnerable. They often have large gaps in prior learning. With carefully directed teaching, they are usually able to make rapid progress over the year and achieve GCSEs.
• To support students to access their learning
• To work with individual students and small groups, in a range of settings, to assist students’ progress
• To attend review meetings for students on behalf of the short stay school, as the link member of staff
• To support outreach and intervention programmes
1. To support students’ learning by contributing effectively and with confidence to groups you are working with and by liaising with staff to support students achieve their potential and meet their learning goals
2. To use a range of strategies to establish a purposeful learning environment where students’ emotional needs are met
3. To use ICT to advance pupil learning and to use common ICT tools to record and report pupil progress
4. To monitor students’ participation and progress, providing feedback to staff, parents and carers
5. To contribute to the planning of opportunities for students to learn in a variety of settings
6. To help build relationships between students and relevant adults and ensure that, in appropriate cases, close links are maintained with the pupil’s school and teaching/link staff
7. To work closely with students, families, health and schools to support and effect a successful reintegration to school or FE for all students
8. To agree a personal work programme with your line manager and undertake any reasonable duties as directed by her
9. Filing student records
You will be working in a variety of settings including St. Peter’s Centre as well as the possibility of working in partner schools.
You will have daily contact with a number of staff and be involved in team meetings and regular meetings with the Headteacher and other staff members. You will be expected to provide information to staff on pupil issues and give advice on students’ need for external agency input.
There may be a requirement on some occasions to work flexi hours; good notice will be given.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice, reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under-represented groups.
St Peter’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please note that this post will be subject to enhanced Disclosing Barring Service check.