JOB TITLE: Teaching Assistant
HOURS: 28 hours per week
SCALE: BSM Pay Scale A & B depending on experience and qualifications
START DATE: TBC
About Brimble Hill:
Brimble Hill is a high performing primary school for students, aged 2 -11, with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. We are a vibrant and caring community co-located within a learning campus.
We offer the opportunity to join a supportive team which actively encourages and supports our employees to gain the skills and qualifications that will support their future employability and meet the needs of our organisation.
Successful candidates will:
• Be committed to meeting the needs of SEN pupils
• Be an effective communicator
• Be highly motivated
• Have an ability to remain calm when dealing with challenging behaviour
• Be flexible
• Enthusiastically participate in all training opportunities
We require candidates to have a good level of flexibility and a reasonable level of fitness as lifting and exercise may be a part of your everyday role.
We offer you:
• Excellent professional development and promotion opportunities
• Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers
• Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors
• An opportunity to shape the future of the school and the staff and pupils within it
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, a teaching registration check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
CLOSING DATE: 19th January 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: 27th January 2021
Brimble Hill Special School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.