St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School
Wyndham Crescent, Canton, Cardiff CF11 9EF
Post Ref: ED50110040
Temporary Foundation Phase Teaching Assistant
Grade 3 SCP3-6
£18,562 - £19,698 (Pro rata)
39 weeks a year
Start date: as soon as possible
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and encouraging Level 1 teaching assistant to support learners in a Foundation Phase classroom. Required for as soon as possible for 15 hours a week. This role will include working with groups of learners within the classroom.
The successful candidate will be:
• positive, patient and caring;
• flexible and friendly;
• keen to be part of a team;
• willing to support the Catholic ethos of our school;
• willing to become involved in the wider life of the school and parish.
We can offer:
• a strong Catholic ethos with excellent parish links;
• happy, well-behaved and motivated children who enjoy coming to school;
• a supportive, friendly and welcoming community;
• opportunities to work with others collaboratively;
• excellent CPD opportunities.
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers must be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Applications must be made using the Catholic Education Service support staff application form.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed forms should be returned by post or email to: The Headteacher, St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Canton, Cardiff, CF11 9EF
Closing date: 26th January 2021 (12 noon)
Interviews: week beginning 1st February 2021
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.