Hours: 32.5 hours per week | Term Time + 1 week
Contract: Fixed Term for 2020/21 academic year
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grade 3, Points 5-6 (actual salary £14,571 - £15,197)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated teaching assistant to provide a high standard of support to our students with special educational needs as well as supporting our teaching staff, tutors, support staff and parents. The successful candidate will work as part of the Special Educational Needs department to support students and help them to fully participate in activities and receive the support they need for their learning.
The ideal candidate will be patient, caring and supportive while remaining resilient and will be passionate about helping students with additional needs to achieve in all aspects of learning. We want to help our students to build confidence and inspire them to reach their goals. In return we can offer you support to develop your skills and your career progression. This role may also provide the relevant experience and insight into the teaching profession and the education sector.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Enhance students’ education, life skills and emotional well-being.
- Support students who experience barriers to learning so they can achieve the best of which they are capable.
- Provide support to students during learning activities, keeping them on task, engaged and motivated.
- Support students who have social, emotional and mental health issues to help them to develop their social and learning skills.
- Work with subject teachers, SENDCO, the SEND faculty and PASCOs to contribute to curriculum planning, adapting teaching programmes where necessary to enable target students to access the curriculum.
*Previous Applicants need not apply*
Orchard Mead Academy is a culturally diverse comprehensive school with approximately 1200 students situated in the North East of Leicester and is part of The Mead Educational Trust (TMET). The Trust is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. It provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application form online.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
- Applicant pack
- Job description
- Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Monday 8th February 2021, 9.00am
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, and prevention of discrimination in its many forms.
NO AGENCIES OR CVs PLEASE
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.