St Matthew’s Church of England Primary School
Linkfield Lane, Redhill, RH1 1JF
Teaching Assistant including Midday Supervisor role
Start Date: ASAP
TA: 30 hours per week / 38.6 weeks per annum
Actual salary (S3): £12,418 per annum (FTE: £17,662)
MDS: 2.5 hours per week / 38 weeks per annum - Surrey S1/2
Actual salary (S1/2): £994 per annum (FTE: £17,232)
(Fixed-term contract to 31st August 2021 with the possibility of a permanent role)
Come and join our vibrant and forward-looking school on our journey to outstanding.
In February 2018, St Matthew’s School became part of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education Multi-Academy Trust. This is an exciting time for our school working with a growing Church of England trust where each of us shares a common vision; to ensure all children in our schools realise their God-given potential and aspire to exceed expectations.
St Matthew’s Church of England Primary School is a large two form entry primary school with its own nursery class and Special Needs Support Centre.
We are looking to appoint a capable and proactive teaching assistant to support children’s learning in the classroom. The role will involve 1:1 support for children with a range of additional needs, and small groups of pupils. The post-holder will also assist with lunchtime supervision every day.
If you are considering returning to teaching or training to be a teacher, particularly with a focus on SEND this would be a great opportunity for you to gain first-hand experience of the current educational world!
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent English and Mathematics skills
- Have excellent communication and spoken language skills
- Have a good level of general education
- Have experience or knowledge of SEND including ASD
- Be willing to support children’s intimate care
- Be motivated and have a good level of energy
- Be confident in running interventions
- Show resilience and enthusiasm
- Be willing to train and develop new skills
- Be a team player
We can offer you:
- A dedicated and motivated team of colleagues and governors, committed and passionate about driving the school forward and improving outcomes for all pupils
- A happy and harmonious school community built on strong Christian foundations
- A great opportunity to make a difference to our children
- A culture of successful mentoring, peer support and professional development
- A school with excellent facilities and extensive grounds
- An easily-accessible school, close to Redhill town centre and railway station
Applicants are expected to be sympathetic to the Christian ethos of the school.
For more details please contact the school office on 01737-762080
Closing date: Thursday 11th March 2021 (12:00pm)
Interviews: w/c Monday 22nd March 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive suitable applications. If you are interested in working with us, please apply without delay.