The Deanery CE Academy is a new school, in the heart of Wichelstowe with the most amazing facilities, inspirational staff and incredible students. We believe that we have a duty to enable all our students to flourish when they are at school and to equip them with the skills to live life in all its fullness - this is the foundation of our ethos and will form a significant part of our dialogue in all aspects of school life.
We are searching for a Teaching Assistant to join us on this incredible journey, and to help all of our students as they move into Secondary school, but especially our students who need additional support. This post is term time only, and is full-time 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, caring and committed professional to join our enthusiastic and supportive team, starting ASAP. The successful candidate will provide a high standard of support and will need to be able to plan, deliver and monitor learning opportunities to meet the needs of both individual children and groups of children.
You will need to be an enthusiastic, adaptable and motivated individual who:
• is passionate about promoting learning and achievement for all.
• has experience of working with children with special educational needs
• has excellent communication skills to establish positive home/school relationships.
• has a helpful, caring and understanding nature.
• willing to provide intimate care if necessary.
• has proficient skills in literacy and numeracy.
• has the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
You will be required to:
• Work with an individual or with small groups of children.
• Support children with their additional personal needs whilst implementing planned learning activities/programmes.
• Show initiative and flexibility
• Build effective relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
We can offer you:
• a friendly and welcoming academy.
• happy students and staff.
• a supportive leadership team and Academy Council.
This post is suited to those have experience as a Teaching Assistant in a Secondary setting, as we are a small, but hardworking team. You will have also achieved at least GCSE Grade C or Grade 5 in English and Mathematics (or equivalent).
We will review all applications as we receive them so please do not delay in applying as we may close the vacancy early if we find that one amazing candidate! The application form is available once you register on the site, please complete this in full and also complete a cover letter/Personal Statement. Please read the Job Description before applying for this role.
If you haven't heard from us within three weeks of applying, you have not been successful on this occasion and we appreciate your interest in our Academy.
The Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust (DBAT) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will require an Enhanced DBS check. We welcome all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.