JOB TITLE: TEACHING ASSISTANT
SALARY: GRADE 5 SCP 11-17 £21,748- £24,491 pro rata
HRS/WEEK: 31.5 HRS
WEEKS/YEAR: 39 WEEKS
Applicants will work to support pupils, between the ages of 5 and 11, who have a variety of individual and complex needs many of whom experience a range of social, emotional and behavioural challenges. They should be reliable, resilient and flexible and work well as part of a team.
All applicants should possess:-
• Experience of children / young people with special educational needs;
• Experience in attending to personal care needs of children.
• Ability to support pupil’s emotional and social wellbeing / development;
• The ability to follow instruction and have a desire to further their professional development;
• Enthusiasm and a conscientious, committed approach;
• The ability to embrace change and contribute to school development.
This position will offer the applicant an exciting opportunity to join an innovative, vibrant and active team.
This post is subject to a Standard/Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service
This post requires registration with the EWC - Education Workforce Council
You are welcome to submit your application in English or in Welsh. Each application will be treated equally.
Closing Date: 12.00 Noon 19th May 2021
Maendy Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.