Required for September 2021 (or earlier if available)
Teaching Assistant (Permanent)
The governors of this outstanding Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated, friendly and welcoming team of staff, governors, children and parents.
Ofsted stated that: Pupils’ thoroughly enjoy school' ‘Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding both in and around school and they treat each other and adults with respect’ ‘Pupils’ achievement is outstanding’ ‘Teaching is outstanding’
“Teaching assistants provide high quality support for pupils’ learning. They make an excellent contribution to pupils’ progress”
We would like to appoint a teaching assistant who:
• Is committed to safeguarding the children in our care and adheres to safeguarding policy and procedures
• Is sympathetic to the catholic ethos of the school
• Has excellent communication skills
• Is adaptable to support the varying needs of individuals
• Has recent experience and knowledge of working with individuals and groups of children
• Has a sense of humour
• Has an ability to be flexible and organised
• Has the ability to work as part of a team
• Has a willingness to be part of the community of St Joseph’s
In return, we can offer the successful candidate the opportunity:
• Excellent CPD within a teaching school alliance
• to work with well-behaved children who really want to learn
• to observe and learn from features of outstanding practice
• to work with a highly reflective and genuinely supportive team
• to become part of our Catholic School Community
This post is an excellent opportunity for an existing learning support assistant
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is committed to the safeguarding of our children, therefore a satisfactory DBS check and two recent references are conditions of employment. For more information about our school recruitment processes, please visit our school website and view the Vacancies section of the website.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged: please telephone on O1937-582163 if you would like to visit.
Application Close and shortlisting: 17th May 2021
Interview Date: 19th May 2021
We are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Criminal Bureau Disclosure.