Teaching Assistants Required
Scale 1 £17,842.00
(Pro rata for hours & weeks worked)
Full time – 35 hours per week 8.15am – 3.45pm M-F
Actual gross salary at 35 hours - £14,695.00
Part time - 20 hours per week 8.15am – 12.15pm M-F
Actual gross salary at 20 hours - £8,397.14
Term time only (plus 5 inset days)
Starting 1st September 2021
Initially for 12 months with a view to extending
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st May 2021 (12 noon)
Interviews: Week Commencing 24th May 2021
The staff and governors and children of our school are looking for a well-motivated, experienced teaching assistant with high expectations of their own performance as well as that of the children. The successful applicant will work with small groups and /or individual children across both Key Stages depending on the needs of the school.
As a school community we offer:
• A very strong Catholic vision and ethos
• A friendly and hardworking staff team.
• Committed school governors.
• Enthusiastic and hardworking children.
• High quality CPD
The successful candidate should:
• Support the Catholic ethos of our school.
• Academically able and competent in numeracy and literacy
• Be confident teaching basic skills in numeracy and literacy
• Confident and experienced – have a proven track record of working with children across the Primary phase
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to complete a Disqualification Declaration. The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract and their appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre -clearance including a Disclosure and Barring Service check.