Teaching Assistant 1:1
Contract Term: Fixed Term contract, Term Time Only
Salary: Grade Pay Range JG3, SCP 5-6 (£19,312 - £19,698)
Hours: 21.25 hours/week (5 days of 4.25 hours)
Starting date: 1 September 2021 to 31 July 2022 or earlier if the child leaves.
An exciting opportunity to join Blagdon Primary School!
The governors wish to appoint an excellent Teaching Assistant with experience of supporting 1:1 teaching and learning with a particular interest in supporting a student with special needs within a school. We are looking to appoint an excellent candidate to join our incredible school and promote and help with the school vision. This post incorporates the role of playleader during lunchtimes at the same rate.
What Blagdon can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with an exceptional staff team who are committed to providing the very best opportunities for our pupils and staff
- Fabulous pupils with exemplary behaviour and attitudes to their learning
- A school firmly committed to reducing teacher workload particularly in the key areas of marking, assessment and planning so that teachers can focus on teaching
- Exceptional CPD opportunities in all areas of the curriculum
Blagdon Primary School is a member of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership. We are a small rural school in the beautiful village of Blagdon and on the edge of the Mendip Hills. We have around a hundred and ten pupils organised over four mixed-age classes. Our size helps to give our school the warm, friendly, family-feel that our families value. We know our pupils extremely well and treat them with respect, as unique individuals and provide our pupils with a caring and nurturing environment. The school values of ‘Explore, Excite, Excel’ makes clear our commitment to developing every individual to be their very best.
If you visit us, you will find a calm and friendly atmosphere where pupils enjoy coming and behave well. The staff are caring, dedicated and work hard to ensure that each pupil has the support and opportunity to flourish as they progress through the school.
We are looking a teaching assistant who is:
- Passionate about making a difference to all pupils;
- Able to support the creation of exceptional, challenging learning experiences for our pupils so that we ensure the best provision for all;
- Enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated
- An effective team member who is able to work closely with colleagues and keen to help us establish our vision for excellence;
- Ability to observe and monitor pupil progress and maintain records;
- Ability to establish respectful relationships with children and adults;
- Ability to motivate and encourage pupils;
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour;
- Ability to act on own initiative and manage own time effectively;
- Resilient and enjoy celebrating success amongst pupils and staff;
- Someone with recent experience of working with children of the relevant key stage in a similar role.
Visits to the school are welcome under social distancing guidelines. Please telephone the school to arrange an appointment or for a telephone conversation if you prefer.
Closing date: 26 May 2021 at 11:59am
Blagdon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. All candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of DBS, two satisfactory references and qualifications check.
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Blagdon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.