Location: Leicester, city centre.
Salary: LG Band 3, Point 5 - 6 (£16,870 - £17,208 pro rata) (£19,843 - £20,240 FTE)
Closing Date: 25th June, 12:00 noon
Interviews: June 2021
Opportunity for dedicated and enthusiastic person to join the team at Castle Mead Academy, as part of The Mead Educational Trust.
In August 2019, Castle Mead Academy, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors and welcomed our first year 7 cohort. Since then, we have never looked back! By 2024, the eight-form entry school will be at capacity with a cohort of 1200 scholars. Building on the success of Rushey Mead Academy, Castle Mead is making available in the heart of Leicester a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country so that every scholar leaves us with high value academic qualifications and wider positive dispositions to enable them to lead fulfilling lives.
The opportunity to work in a growing school, is like no other. When you start a school from scratch like we have, it is a golden opportunity to put in place all of the amazing things you have heard and read about from the best schools in the land – but in one place, here in Leicester! As we now cross into our next chapter, and move in to our new state-of-the-art school building with enviable sports facilities, join us and help to build a genuine legacy of your own, alongside colleagues who are aligned in their values.
We are recruiting a Teaching Assistant who will be an integral part of our staff team, to help realise our vision and “Grow a Community of Excellence.”
This is an exciting opportunity for a person who is:
• passionate about inclusion and supporting pupils to achieve their potential;
• believes in equality of opportunity and has high expectations of pupils;
• willing to learn and work as part of our team;
• going to contribute to the ethos our school as we now move in to a new £30m building, on the picturesque riverside, for August 2021!
This is a unique opportunity to work in a school where:
• our scholars are courteous, well-mannered and charming;
• there is a calm orderly environment with rigorous routines so as teachers can teach without interruption;
• we challenge convention, distribute leadership and consistently consider staff workload;
• the staff team are relentless in their ambition on behalf of pupils and colleagues;
• there is a growing reputation of Castle Mead providing excellence in the heart of Leicester.
To apply, please submit your application by Friday 25th June 2021. For further information, a confidential discussion or any technical queries please contact Michaela Rueben, Assistant Principal, or Amy Turner, SENDCo.
Application Pack, Teaching Assistant, Castle Mead Academy
Job Description and Person Specification, Teaching Assistant, Castle Mead Academy
Castle Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.