KS1 Teaching Assistant
Start date: 1st September 2021
Hours: 17 ½ hrs per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 5 mornings with the possibility of 1 or 2 afternoons: 2.5 – 5 hours)
Salary: Hay 9 (£9,348 - £10,320 per annum)
Teaching Assistant required to work in KS1 (Year 2 initially).
The main focus for this post is to support teaching and learning in Year 2 with particular emphasis on:
• Support for phonics
• Support for basic maths and literacy skills
For this post we are looking for a qualified teaching assistant (min NVQ2) with:
• Experience of working in a school/pre-school setting
• Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
• Willingness to learn & take on new ideas
• Good team-working capacity
• Commitment to the Christian ethos of the school
• A good level of competency in literacy and numeracy
Closing date: 12pm, Friday 25th June 2021
St Michael’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for this post are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including a DBS disclosure.
St Michael's Church of England Primary School, Stoke Gifford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.