Job Start: 23rd August 2021
Location: Kibworth Mead Academy
Salary: Grade 3 (Points 5 - 6) £19,842.94 - £20,239.90 FTE (Actual salary approx. £8,983.54 - £9,163.26)
Contract Type: Term time only plus 5 days - to include teacher training days + exams results day
Contract Term: Fixed Term until July 2022 19.5 hours per week over 3 days, 8.05am - 3.05pm (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday) (to include 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
We are delighted to offer this exciting opportunity for an inspirational, enthusiastic and engaging Teaching Assistant to join our supportive and successful team.
Kibworth Mead Academy is an 11-16 school based in a rural village setting in South Leicestershire with 850 pupils on roll. The school upholds its traditional values at its core, but senior leaders have a progressive and forward thinking mind-set.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant in a varied role that may include providing individual support for a pupil with additional learning needs as well as working with small groups of children or individuals, under the direction of teaching staff, to ensure all pupils make excellent progress and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- high expectations of what children can achieve
- experience of working with children in the secondary range
- flexibility and creativity
- resilience, and can pick themselves up when things don’t go to plan
- a passion for and experience of working with children with emotional difficulties
In addition, you will:
- have lots of energy and patience
- demonstrate good communication skills
- have a positive, hardworking attitude
- be able to work effectively within a committed team
Closing date: Midnight Friday 23rd July 2021
Interviews to take place on 11th August 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment
The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting of welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.