Post Ref number: ED50179084
12.5 hours per week term time (39 weeks)
Temporary Teaching Assistant Grade 3 points 3-6 Salary £18,562 - £19,698 pro rata
Length of contract: 1 year linked funding
Start date: 20th September 2021
St Fagans Church in Wales Primary school are seeking a 1:1 teaching assistant to work with a Nursery age child with special educational needs.
We are looking for an individual with an interest in special educational needs education, a non-judgemental attitude, lots of patience and passion for seeing young people succeed who also has experience of global development delay.
This role will involve:
• Help to plan a tailored curriculum
• Clarifying and explaining instructions, making sure the pupil you support is able to engage in learning to stay on task during the lesson or activity
• Ensuring the pupil is able to use equipment and materials provided
• Motivating and encouraging the pupil as required by providing levels of individual attention reassurance and help with learning tasks appropriate to child’s needs.
• Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies, using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task.
• Supporting the social and emotional development of the pupil reporting issues when required
• Providing detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils progress
• Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
• The ability to adopt activities to ensure the child can access the activities successfully
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by the closing date.
Closing date: 26.08.21
Short-listing w/c 06.09.21
Interviews w/c/ 13.09.21
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers must be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.