School: Newbridge Primary School
Location: Bath & North East Somerset
Salary: Grade 2 to 4, dependent on experience and qualifications
Hours: Part Time 21.25 hours per week
Start Date: September 2021
Newbridge Primary School is a large primary school on the outskirts of Bath with approx. 400 pupils on roll. This school is strongly committed to enabling each child access to a broad, enriched education of the highest quality. Our aspiration is to be the best we can be and we are very ambitious about what we can achieve for our children. The following post offers an opportunity to be part of a supportive, caring and committed school community who have high expectations of themselves and each other, and who have children at the centre of their philosophy.
As soon as possible, a teaching assistant is required to support a child with an Education Health Care Plan in Year 5.
Experience of working with pupils with emotional needs and complex behavioural needs is essential.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience of supporting a pupil with an Education and Health Care Plan.
- Experience of the Key Stage 2 Curriculum.
- Experience of Thrive and/or supporting pupils with Early Life Trauma.
- Experience of helping pupils form positive relationships and be able to promote the inclusion of the pupil with Special Educational Needs.
- The ability to adapt activities.
- The ability to support the pupil with remote learning during a further period of lockdown, if required.
- Dedication to all children achieving the best they can.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Resilience and energy.
The post will be paid from matrix funding and will cease when this funding ends or the child leaves the school.
This post is for 21.25 hours per week:
This will likely involve working every morning from 8.45am -1.00pm. This may change to include some afternoon commitment. This will be decided at interview.
A Level 1 and Level 2 job description are attached for your information. All other details can be found on the school website.
Closing Date: 3rd August 2021 at 11.59am
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Newbridge Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.