Required as soon as possible or January 2022
Our curriculum extends far beyond the basics and offers myriad opportunities and stimuli. Your son or daughter will experience an education which equips them really well for life in an ever changing, fast paced and challenging world.
At Claires Court our aim is to develop our boys and girls to succeed in life and we achieve this by having a strong and coherent learning philosophy, called the Claires Court Essentials. This is underpinned by our Key Values and together they help develop happy young people with deep feelings of self-worth and self-belief. As an all through diamond structure school, we offer girls and boys the unique opportunity to thrive in surroundings that suit their learning and social needs best.
It is our job as educators to ensure that we provide multiple opportunities for children to access, building a have-a-go mentality and interests in diverse areas. Whatever a child’s starting point in life, developing their internal motivations to succeed is the most effective way of ensuring they will be successful as learners and collaborative members of their society.
We have an exciting opportunity for two creative Teaching Assistants to join our thriving and successful Junior School as soon as possible or from January 2022 to work across Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. You will work closely with the class teacher to support children both within the classroom and through small group work. An interest in supporting the teaching of science would be a great advantage.
Two posts are available. One full-time post working Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm, when the School is in session and one fixed term post to cover maternity leave working Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm, when the school is in session.
The School will seek evidence of the following criteria from:-
- Application form
- Letter of application
- Qualification certificates
To be successful in this role, you must be:-
● Experienced working with primary aged children, in a classroom setting, ideally at Key Stage 1 and/or 2
● Educated to a good standard – English and Maths GCSE A-C grade
● Able to carry out 1:1 and small group support with pupils
● Confident using ICT
● An enthusiastic team player, with the ability to adapt to a variety of situations
● Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team.
Above all you must want the very best for our pupils and be prepared to put their needs first. You recognise the importance of educating the whole child within a broad curricular and co-curricular programme, and of achieving high standards.
In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.
To support children within the classroom and through small group work, to help create a safe and enjoyable learning environment, in partnership with the class teacher, the TA liaison and the Junior leadership team.
▪ To support the quality of learning and teaching in the classroom
▪ To contribute to the care and welfare of pupils
▪ To support the needs of pupils in effectively accessing the curriculum
▪ To contribute to the effective organisation and use of resources
▪ Ongoing progress and personal development
Key responsibilities and tasks
▪ Support class teachers to design, create and produce learning activities, materials and resources to deliver the curriculum
▪ Supporting children's play activities
▪ Playing games and engaging in practical activities which develop knowledge and skills
▪ Supporting literacy and numeracy development, including support with teaching phonics
▪ Contribute to monitoring and recording pupils’ progress; maintaining records and providing relevant feedback to teachers