We have an exciting opportunity for two Teaching Assistants to join our team at Firbeck Academy.
The successful candidate will be a valued member of our teaching assistant team working across EYFS, KS1 and KS2. We are looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic practitioner who is excited by challenge and committed to improving the life chances of our young people.
The school are proud to be part of the Nova Education Trust and are committed to providing high quality education for all our children and their families.
Firbeck Academy is situated in the Wollaton area of Nottingham and currently there are 160 children on roll.
The ethos of the school is centred upon the motto “Work Hard – Be Kind” and we start this right from the earliest days in our nursery. This motto epitomises our genuine commitment to coupling high academic expectation and achievement with a whole-team dedication to pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. We have a set of “Work Hard” values that we teach directly to ensure our pupils consciously become the best learners they can be. In addition we have “Be Kind” values – giving pupils ‘ways of being’ rather than ‘rules to follow’. Our pupils have high potential and respond well to the wide variety of learning opportunities presented to them.
Provide teaching support to students through:
- sharing learning objectives with the students
- assisting in the setting of tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest
- setting appropriate and demanding expectations
- setting clear targets, building on prior attainment
- providing clear structures for lesson support - maintaining pace, motivation and challenge;
- make effective use of assessment and ensure appropriate coverage of programmes of study
- applying effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to misconceptions
- selecting appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, I.C.T and other sources
- ensuring effective support so that students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught; evaluate their own support methodology critically to improve effectiveness;
- working under the guidance of teaching/senior staff and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas and will involve assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle and the management/ preparation of resources.
- promoting positive behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with our behaviour policy
Support the student by:
- undertaking activities with either individuals or groups of children to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical, emotional and educational development
- working to establish a supportive relationship with the children and parents concerned
- encouraging acceptance and inclusion of the child with special needs
- promoting and reinforcing a positive self esteem
- assisting with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
- providing feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
You should hold, or be undertaking, a relevant TA qualification.
Closing date: Thursday 4th November 2021 at 9am
Interview date: Interviews will be held on Thursday 11th November 2021.
At Firbeck we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. If you think you are the right person to join our team we would like to hear from you.