Teaching Assistant in EYFS
Permanent 29 hrs/week 39 weeks a year
Grade 6 Point 9 or 10 (£19,701 - £20,094) Pro Rata
Required January 2022
We are looking to appoint a creative individual who can bring high quality support to our EYFS children. We are looking for somebody who is not afraid to make mud pies and, if asked to be an astronaut, be able to make sure that you are the very best astronaut you can be! If you can quickly count the heads of numerous, moving small people and read an exciting book with at least 10 interruptions per page, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will join a very hard working and dedicated team of teachers and Support Staff, who focus on improving outcomes for the pupils in their care. We have a GOOD Ofsted judgement and are building upon this to create an outstanding future for the school.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- An excellent Teaching Assistant who loves taking the lead when working with our youngest children and inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with all stakeholders and contribute towards the school ethos and its whole school improvement activities;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Experienced in strategies for working with children with SEND and SEMH difficulties;
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations of all children.
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community;
- Able to create a castle, act like giraffe, make noises you’d find in a construction site and encourage the children to do the same!
We can offer you:
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- Professional development opportunities
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team with a sense of humour.
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for all children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of well-behaved children with a passion for learning.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged – please come and meet some of the staff and our children and see for yourself! Please contact the school office.
More information can be found on the school website along with application packs.
Closing date: Thursday 9th December 9:00am with interviews 15th or 16th December 2021.
Asfordby Hill Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect our staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. References will be contacted prior to interview if the application is shortlisted. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009