Application closing date: Wednesday 5th January 2022 9am
Job start: As soon as possible
Salary: A1/B1 Point 1 - 6
Hours: 30.42 hours per week Term Time Only + up to 5days
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Contract type: Permanent
Hugh Gaitskell Primary School is a good and increasingly popular school in Leeds. We are proud to be recognised for our high standards of behaviour, our nurturing ethos and our innovative practice. Although we are a large school, many children have family links and you will soon get to know everyone. Our young people and their families are friendly and enjoy being part of our thriving multicultural school community.
We are seeking to appoint four enthusiastic, inspirational and motivated Teaching Assistants to join a supportive team of professionals who are committed to raising standards and using innovative techniques to make learning magical. The successful candidates will understand the importance of contributing to the vision and the future achievements of Hugh Gaitskell Primary School. The school has excellent facilities and has a creative approach to learning.
We are driving towards outstanding provision and we believe that energy, passion and a commitment to high standards are among the key characteristics required.
‘The school is a calm, harmonious place where pupils grow and become increasingly mature’ OFSTED- May 2016
We can offer you:
- Well behaved children who care about each other and are enthusiastic about their learning
- A strong, positive and forward thinking leadership team
- Highly talented, motivated and hardworking staff
- An ambitious and supportive Governing Board and community
- An outstanding environment and well-resourced school
We are looking for someone who:
- Are enthusiastic, inspirational and motivated
- Share our passion for providing the children with excellent learning opportunities
- Have the ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils
- Are excited about teaching in a culturally diverse environment
- Have resilience, emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills
- Have a secure knowledge of the current National Curriculum
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Given the current situation with the Covid-19 Pandemic and the inability of us to arrange site visits, we would strongly recommend visiting our website. The Deputy Headteacher is also able to discuss the school and the opportunities in more detail.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a self-disclosure form which would be destroyed if you were unsuccessful. Further information can be found on our website.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check