Gabalfa Primary School
Colwill Road, Llandaff North, Cardiff. CF14 2QQ
Headteacher: Mrs Carrie Jenkins
Age range: 3-11 years
Temporary Teaching Assistant
£21,748 - £25,481 Pro Rata
Post Ref: ED50011239
Required to Start: as soon as possible
Term time only, Fixed Term – initially, until March 31st 2022
Hours of working: 32.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 08:30 to 15:30
Gabalfa Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work with the hardworking staff of the school to support a pupil with a Hearing Impairment to enable them to achieve the best they can.
The successful candidate will join and support a class team of experienced and enthusiastic staff and will be expected to support a pupil with a hearing impairment throughout their day ensuring they can access all areas of school life.
We are looking for someone who
• has an understanding of hearing impairment, audiological equipment such as hearing aids, cochlear implants and radio aids
• has or is completing BSL level 1 and prepared to train to level 2
• has a Level 2 qualification in English/Literacy and Mathematics/Numeracy or above e.g. GCSE grade C and above plus NVQ level 3 or relevant professional qualification
• is a good communicator with families, children, young people and other professionals and has enthusiasm for supporting every child/young person achieve their full potential in all educational settings
• has excellent time management, organisational and ICT skills
• is professional, hard-working, proactive, reliable, take direction and have the capacity to work under pressure
Prospective candidates are welcome to contact the Headteacher for further details and to make an appointment to visit the school.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers must be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
The vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for these positions on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned direct to the school by the closing date.
Applications Close: Noon Friday, 3rd December 2021
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.