Glenfield Primary School which forms part of the Scholars Academy Trust is rated 'Good' (OFSTED June 2017). We are looking to appoint a committed, hardworking and enthusiastic individual to the role of Teaching Assistant supporting a child with Special Educational Needs, to start as soon as possible.
The position is for 25 hours per week during term time plus 1 week for training days (39 weeks total) and will be on fixed term contract until 8th July 2022.
The successful candidate must:
- Have previous experience of working with primary age children.
- Have a recognised level 3 teaching assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Be caring, patient and supportive with a positive attitude.
- Have excellent communication skills with both children and adults.
- Have the ability to work well within a team and when using their own initiative.
- Experience of working with pupils with SEN and/or challenging behaviour would be an advantage.
We will offer:
- A supportive and experienced staff team.
- Excellent professional development opportunities and training.
- Fantastic pupils who are keen to learn.
- Large well equipped classrooms.
- An attractive and caring school environment.
The closing date for applications is Monday 24th January at 9am, with interviews to be held on Wednesday 2nd February 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake basic academic skills assessments at the interview. References will also be requested for candidates prior to interview.
A fully completed application is required. We cannot accept CV's. If you do not receive an email or letter please conclude that you have not been shortlisted. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
Scholars Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Glenfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).